Introduction

What I am writing here is based on my own experience and what I observed and learned. It is my point of view and it makes sense to me. It has worked for me and is still working for me. It remains being your responsibility to do your own critical thinking, don’t just believe.

And that is exactly my intention: making you think for yourself.

Friday, January 10, 2014

How well do you and your team members know each other?

Do you know your team at all? Do you know each member well? Well enough to know how each one of them will react under any given circumstances and conditions? Do you understand why they react the way they do? Can you rely upon them? Can they rely upon you?
Those are but just a few questions a leader must ask oneself. And you better make sure you have clear answers to that. It will decide your fate when confronting difficult situations and crisis. Crisis will appear, always and in the most inconvenient moment, and you cannot prepare for it … if you could it would not be crisis. What you can do is prepare yourself and your team by developing a deep understanding of each other.
The moment a crisis appears you will be grateful for having done your homework. Only teams able to "act like one", act like an organism, act in harmony with each other will succeed in the long run. And it is your responsibility as a leader to orchestrate your team.
Know yourself. Know your team members. Be the conductor, orchestrate and lead.